Great Smoky Mountains National Park has picnic areas at Cades Cove, Cosby, Deep Creek, Greenbrier, and Metcalf Bottoms which remain open year-round. The remaining picnic areas are closed during the winter.
All picnic areas have pavilions except Chimneys and Cades Cove. The picnic pavilions at Collins Creek, Cosby, Deep Creek, Metcalf Bottoms, and Twin Creeks can be reserved for groups one year in advance by calling 877-444-6777, or online at www.recreation.gov.
All pavilions except Twin Creeks cost $20 per use. Twin Creeks' fee ranges from $40-$80 depending on the usage. Payment can be made by credit card or personal check at the time the reservation is made.
Big Creek - Open March 30 - October 28. 10 sites. Handicap accessible site.
• Chimneys - Open March 11 - November 28. 68 sites; 3 accessible. No fees.
• Cades Cove - Open year 'round. No fees.
• Collins Creek - Open March 30 - October 28. 182 sites (2 accessible); 70-person pavilion
• Cosby - Open March 23 - October 28. 35 sites; 55-person pavilion
• Deep Creek - Open year 'round; 12 sites; 70-person pavilion
• Greenbrier - Open year 'round; 12 sites; 70-person pavilion
• Heintooga - Open May 26 - October 10; 41 sites
• Metcalf Bottoms - Open year 'round; 122 sites; 70-person pavilion (open April 6 - October 10); 10 ton wght. limit on Metcalf bridge - no buses, motorhomes, trailers, etc. (You will not be able to cross the narrow bridge if entering from the Wears Valley area and there are not turnarounds.)
• Twin Creeks - Open March 30 - October 28; 150 person pavilion.